Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

46


Chapter 46

Paper clipped to Ineola's screen door the next morning:


Bufford-

You've been a good friend for years. I know things are remarkably anguishing for you right now. Use caution. Test everything. Be wise in the way you act and with what you let into your skull; evil is afoot. I feel it. If Ocho Rios is where you've determined to go, you have my blessing, not that it is in the least bit required. Take care of yourself, and may we meet again soon and drink Budweiser well into the night under that large tree in lawn chairs of questionable integrity.

I should be back in eight days at the most.  When I return, I look forward to redemptive news from you, and will be in a certain and recognizable state of angst and distraction until that moment.

Godspeed in your travels and objective.

Forever your friend,

Brody

No comments:

Post a Comment