Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 19, 2012

BOOK I, PART I: INTRODUCTIONS / preface


"This book is the greatest and most important work in Western civilization. It has the power to change the reader dramatically." -Ineola Sanchez, neighbor of the author


Book I

Part I-INTRODUCTIONS


preface

Once upon a time, there was a street called Cherry Blossom. Then there was me. I still am me, and Cherry Blossom Street still exists too, but not at all in the same condition as it did back then. Once, upon a much longer time ago, it was warm and cuddly, full of clean jokes and family dinners. A guy named Herman sat on one of the front porches and his wife Mabel would stitch rugs and cup coasters for their grandchildren who lived in Omaha and Texas, respectively, and who were often encouraged to move back to the town of their roots. Those days are long-gone, though, and Cherry Blossom Street is now a cracked and pot-holed version of its former self. "Time marches on, to the beat of elbows and ashes". Someone said that once...a long time ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment